Latest News:
Admission open for Fall 2019

Canada Visa

After you have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from a Canadian College or University, you are required to obtain a study permit. You can apply for a Canadian study permit either online or through a paper application, which can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. You need to submit the completed application form along with the necessary documents to the immigration section of the Canadian High Commission.

List of documents to be submitted along with the completed student application form

  • Official letter of acceptance from Canadian University.
  • Community College or technical institute.
  • Original Passport, which must be valid for at least one year from the planned date of entry to Canada.
  • Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores as applicable.
  • Copy of all academic documents and work experience certificates.
  • Non-refundable Visa processing fee.
  • Receipt of payment of first-semester tuition fee. A copy of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) to cover the first year’s living expenses. GIC is mandatory for the SPP visa application. 8. You can also show education loan sanction letter equivalent to CAD 10000 for the living expenses if you are applying for Study Permit for Universities.
  • Two passport size photographs.
  • Medical examination receipt – You may take upfront medicals from the designated medical practitioner of Canadian high commission. The receipt of this medical examination should be submitted along with the visa application. The reports will directly be sent to High Commission. There should always be a gap of 7 days in the date of medical examination and the visa application submission.

Please note: A certified translation must accompany any document which is not in English or French.

Visa Interview

An interview (Telephonic or in person) with a Canadian Visa Officer may be required. If this is the case, you will be advised in writing of the time and place for the personal interview. In case of a telephonic interview, you may receive a call anytime. If you want to study in Quebec, you must obtain a Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) from the Quebec government in addition to the student authorization. The CAQ applications are available at the CEC and from the institutions in Quebec. Full-time International students are permitted to work on campus (20 hours per week).